Department of Geological Engineering and Information Technology, School of Earth Sciences and Engineering, Nanjing University, China, is seeking several full-time Postdoctoral Fellows to join the research group on engineering geology and geotechnics under the International Postdoctoral Exchange Program. The successful candidates will join an international research group with close collaborations with many universities and institutes of USA, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Korea, India, etc.
The International Postdoctoral Exchange Program is targeted at excellent international young scientists holding a PhD degree pursuing postdoctoral research in a Chinese institution. The successful candidates would be co-funded for two years, by the Office of China Postdoc Council (OCPC) and Nanjing University: an allowances of 200,000 RMB (=28,000 USD) each year shall be provided by OCPC and another 100,000 RMB (=14,000 USD) per year by Nanjing University, which would be used to cover the individual living expenses related to their stay in China, including housing allowances, social insurance and round-trip international travel expenses etc.
Deadline of application: 10 September 2019
1. The applicants shall be under 35 years old, of good moral character, and in good health for the two years research.
2. The applicants must get their doctors from other countries (or from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan of China) or Chinese doctors in other countries, who have received PhD within the recent 3 years.
3. The universities where the applicants obtained their doctoral degrees shall be in the Global Top 100 University List; or the research discipline in the department/faculty for PhD degree is in the Top 100 discipline list (taking the latest information of Shanghai Ranking’s Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Ranking or U.S.News & World Report as reference). For applicants from countries located along the Belt and Road, the universities where the applicants graduated with their doctoral degrees shall be among the top 3 universities in their own countries.
4. The successful applicants shall be bound to the research for at least 20 months in China for the two-year postdoctoral program.
5. Applicants from non-English speaking countries must have sufficient proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing of Chinese or English.
If you are interested, please provide a cover letter, including a brief statement of your research interests, a detailed CV and list of publications. The applications should be sent via email to Prof. Hong-Hu Zhu, email@example.com.